HIGH DIELECTRIC FUNCTIONAL PIGMENT KA100
For powder coatings
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INQUIRY. OUR TEAM WILL BE CONTACTING YOU SHORTLY.
Ferro’s new KA100 functional pigment is suitable for promoting charging characteristics in powder coatings.
Enhanced powder coating deposition efficiency and penetration in Faraday cage areas
Applying powder coatings can sometimes be difficult to optimize, and some of the most common issues are:
- Not all the sprayed powder is charged and deposited on the piece, and reclaimed powder is usually of lower quality.
- Coating homogeneity and thickness is affected by free ions and back ionization effect.
- Difficult to apply in corners, on uneven parts and pieces with convex geometry, due to higher electrical resistance in these areas (Faraday cage areas).
The usual solutions include adjusting spraying parameters (charging, ground, air…), using enhanced spray equipment or adding additives to the powder paint to enhance powder charging (typically conductivity promoters).
In some cases, optimization of the powder deposition could be trickier due to limitations in the spray application conditions, or to reduced suitability of the additives used (effectiveness, yellowing…).
KA100 is Ferro’s solution!
KA100 is based on a ferroelectric ceramic material with high dielectric behavior (ability to hold an electrical charge), and it is permanently polarized in a high-voltage field.
KA100 promotes powder-charging characteristics in powder coatings based on its dielectric behavior. It therefore provides coating homogeneity, high first pass transfer efficiency and high penetration in Faraday cage areas.This powder coating enhancement enables you to gain productivity in painting processes and reduce the cost of application (waste, time and energy savings up to >25%). Furthermore, the improved surface coverage reinforces corrosion protection, especially in the corners of non-uniform metallic pieces.
KA100 additional benefits
- Especially effective in Faraday cage areas
- Increased transfer efficiency on difficult substrates
- Improved coating homogeneity
- Recommended dosage 0.5-1.0% tfw before extrusion
- Effective when used in post-addition
- Does not affect coating’s weathering fastness
- Does not yellow with overbaking
- Suitable for common powder coating systems and spray gun types
Ferro also offers other added value color and functional solutions to the Powder Coatings industry, with selected pigments that are fully compatible and heat stable.